I'm so getting a MBP this week

Reaction score
I'm so getting a MBP this week. I'm sick and tired of viruses, crashes and the interface of windows; I'm bored of the Start menu, and the buttons on the top right corner of the windows; having to buy a new computer in order to upgrade to the latest version of Windows.
And I love how iWork looks
And the price of a MBP is similar to the high-end PC laptops today anyway.
My friend who has experience in IT jobs just keeps telling me Macs are bad, Macs are worse than PCs.
Seriously, I don't care about what he says, I'm not clever enough to try to get all the drivers for the new hardwares; not clever to fix up the problems; and hate fixing up the viruses.
A computer is for us to use, not to fix.

T

todd51

A computer is for us to use, not to fix.

Well put, glad you decided to go with a MBP. If you have any questions just search the forums and if you can't find similar topics, don't hesitate to ask!

Welcome!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook w/ 2.16GHz Duo & 2GB RAM
You are in the same boat as I was over a month ago. I just posted my story about switching. I AM an IT guy and I have to say, I am very happy with my purchase. All of the "nothing is compatible" talk is BS for personal usage. No, I could not use this for work, but I am thrilled to use it for everything else. I use this PC 100 times more than I used my last Windows PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
First off welcome to mac-forums!

I realize your position but do understand that OSX is not completely safe from viruses. Also multiple macs I own have crashed, some more than once.

Of course you will be seeing better security, and ease of use. Welcome (well almost) to the world of OSX and Macintosh.

OP
M
Reaction score
I know it's not 100% guaranteed care-free.
But let me put it this way, though having a healthy lifestyle does not guarantee one being free from cancers, it does make them less prone to cancers than smokers who are also junk food addicts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Point made Mountain and I agree. I was just making sure you knew that Mac's are not without error, which you probably already knew.

But anyway good luck in your purchase.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.