a couple questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I just got my 15.4 MBP in the mail, and i abolutely love it, even hough i am a switcher, but it'll take some time. I also have a 22 in Samsung flat screen hooked up via the DVI port, and i have a question when taking the MBP out of Sleep mode with the monitor on. It seems that when i do it, everything displays on the monitor, but the laptop screen itself i black. The only way for me to get both monitors up is to put it back into sleep mode, then turn the monitor off, and bring it back up. Why is this?

And also, when typing, it seems that some letter keys need to be pressed a few times for the letter to how. When i type, i go pretty fast, and sometimes, i guess i don't press the letters hard enough. Is this me or the computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
The keyboard sounds like its just you not being used to the keys, try pressing the keys with problems down individually and see if they respond ok. If they feel alright and respond when you do that, then they should be fine. If not, maybe there is some dust or something in there you might be able to blow out.

As far as the monitor goes, when you wake your computer up and everything is on the other screen try pressing Fn + F7 and see if that fixes it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
about your screen...
this is how the mbp's work and there is nothing wrong with your laptop
this is called "lid closed mode" and allows you to get the full resolution out of your monitor
to get the image back on your laptop screen.
put it in sleep mode
open the screen
and wake the computer
this should do the trick

Reaction score
Yea, same with my PowerBook.

The notebook goes black because the idea is you can run your 22 inch display at full res, not just as high as the notebook goes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.