Just a quick question about magsafe power adaptors

Reaction score
well, i'll be getting a macbook pro/macbook in the near future but i'll be buying a US one for the UK. (cos of pricing) and people keep saying to me that i need a power adaptor from the uk can't i just get a international plug converter and save about $60?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature...
well, i'll be getting a macbook pro/macbook in the near future but i'll be buying a US one for the UK. (cos of pricing) and people keep saying to me that i need a power adaptor from the uk can't i just get a international plug converter and save about $60?

Yes you can.
Because i got my MBP From Qatar and i live in the States.
so i bought a World Travel Adapter Kit from apple store in LA for almost $45 with tax.

I hope this helps you.
--------
Mohammed

DSC00541.JPG

OP
srgthunder
Reaction score
thanks for quick response, question answered
:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Yes, my US refurb came with a UK adaptor. You can also use a "figure of eight" style lead and bypass the US plug altogether - I do this as the adaptor is a bit cheap and nasty and tends to spark when plugged in. :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33Ghz Core2Duo, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HardDisk, X1600 256Mb & I LOVE Every Inch of her
why don't you get the multi use power adapter at the travel store for cheap and save yourself the money at apple.

I travel around quite a bit and my electronic stuff are both USA plug and English plugs, I just carry around a single universal, that can match USA, Europe, Africa and Australia. and a couple of different conversions. They still cost me less than what you paid at apple.

Reaction score
And you don't find that the universal affects the power supply of your apple?
When I was in China I was still using a PC lap top and I found that the universal killed my compact..it might just have been ready to die anyhow....I was just worried that doing it this way rather than purchasing the product from Apple might cause the same issue with my iBook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.