Help Me Choose Please

Reaction score
I've got my choices narrowed down to two.

Either a MacBook or a MacBook Pro with the following specs...

MacBook:

2.16 GHz Dual Core

2 GB RAM

120 GB HDD

DVD/CD Drive 8x

Final Cut Pre Installed

Airport Extreme Card & Bluetooth

MacBook Pro:

2.2 GHz Dual Core

2 GB RAM

120 GB HDD

DVD/CD Drive 8x

Backlit Keyboard

Final Cut Pre Installed

Accessory Kit

The MacBook is $1,773.00 and the MacBook Pro will $2,298.00. My question to you guys is...

a 2.2 GHz dual core worth $525 more?

I was going to get the MacBook Pro above, but then messed around with the building options on www.apple.com and found out that I could build a similar performing MacBook for cheaper.

The only problem is I don't know if the processors of 2.2 GHz and 2.16 GHz are big differences? I'm going to be using the laptop for a blog, video editing, and internet surfing.

Help? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature...
I ran in to the same thing....so i went to apple store and played with the MB & MBP.
so i've picked the MBP

1- more ram "up to 4 GB"
2- better video card "64MB VS 256MB" huge difference"
3- i guess the battery is little a bit better "correct me if i'm wrong"
4- for video editing it will out-take the MB.
well that was me "again personal opinion"
-------
Mohammed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
well, the MBP is better for major video editing. Also it is just all-around faster. Another thing is, do you care if the screen is 13"? That is why I am getting a MBP and not a MacBook, because I wouldn't be able to stand a 13 inch monitor as my Desktop Replacement.

Reaction score
well, the MBP is better for major video editing. Also it is just all-around faster. Another thing is, do you care if the screen is 13"? That is why I am getting a MBP and not a MacBook, because I wouldn't be able to stand a 13 inch monitor as my Desktop Replacement.

The screen size of the MB (13.3) is actually more comfortable than most people think...I'm using it as an desktop replacement right now because my old TFT just broke:-(

One huge advantage of the MB in my opinion is its mobility paired with comfort. I honestly think that the 13.3 size is the best compromise for a laptop if you have to be mobile.

kuchiki

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ipod video 30 gb/ Macbook Pro 2.2...... iphone up next i know
I would have to agree with the MB being great for mobility. But I am a speed freak so i pick the MBP. This is my personal opinion. But in the end it doesn't matter what I pick or what the forum votes on. The choose is yours, you will be the one thats using it.

Reaction score
But in the end it doesn't matter what I pick or what the forum votes on. The choose is yours, you will be the one thats using it.

I totally agree;-)

All the best making the right choice for you!

kuchiki

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.