Burning a CD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
I am using my "education special" macbook that my district provided and I need to make Spanish book recordings for classroom use. I am either going to use Audacity or GarageBand to do this, but I am wondering, once I make a recording, how do I burn it to CD? And in a format that allows regular boomboxes to play it, not ones that are MP3 compatible? I've made a recording, but can't figure out for the life of me how to burn it to CD. Any help with this through Audacity or GarageBand would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thank you!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Import it into iTunes and then put your CD in the drive, drag the track you wanna burn to the CD in the sidebar and then go into the CD and click 'Burn Disc' in the bottom right of iTunes.

OP
kuklachica
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
Thank you "smurfy." If I do this with various files, will it burn them as tracks automatically? And will these be in the right format to play on any CD player? Thank you, and I apologize for my ignorance!

EDIT: I just tried what you suggested, but the disk does show up in iTunes? And there is no burn option. When I put the disk in, it says, what action do you want to take, so I chose iTunes, but it doesn't show any disk in the left hand side bar, like it does when I burn CDs on my PC using iTunes. What could be wrong?

EDIT 2: I just figured out that I needed to make a playlist first, then burn it. Sorry about all of the confusion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.