No default application?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I downloaded a program of the internet and i cant open the setup or anything remotely useful becase it says there is no default program to run it on and i dont think i have one that will run it. Any suggestions?

M

MacHeadCase

You downloaded these from the internet? Are these legal copies?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
You downloaded Windows programs. They won't run in OS X.

M

MacHeadCase

I was going to post that earlier but then I thought better of it: I refuse to discuss illegal software (Forum rules and my code of ethics at work here) and wanted to make sure this wasn't the case before giving him the solution. He hasn't replied yet with a plausible answer...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
They might or might not, not sure, i didnt buy them if thats what your asking

Then they are illegal and the members of this forum refuse to talk about them. This thread will probably be locked.

M

MacHeadCase

Upon registration to Mac-Forums, you are linked to the Forum rules which have this to say about pirated software:

4. Illegal Activity:

We choose to follow United States law in regard to what is permissible to be discussed here. Therefore discussion of illegal file sharing, cracked programs, requests for serial numbers, and any other breaches of copyright or other illegal activity are not allowed in these forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Please note we do not allow discussions of illegal content. Our forum rules are very clear, I suggest you read them before posting again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.