question about a problem with new macbook

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought a Macbook yesterday and already experienced some problems. Because I'm new to Apple computers, I'm not sure if this kind of problem is normal.

as I was trying to browse the internet using Firefox and open another application, the computer would not let me open another application. whenever the mouse pointer was over Firefox, the pointer turns into the circle thing and would not let me do anything with Firefox. This happened twice already and within few hours after I bought the Macbook. When this happened I just couldn't do anything else with the computer so I had to force quit everything and log out.

I was just wondering if this is normal for apple computers? or if I should go back to the store and get a new one?

I have no idea what's considered a big problem for mac computers so if anyone can give me some advice I would appreciate it very much!

Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
I've had that happen to me before. Its never really bothered me that much. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Firefox though, not your macbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
It just looks like Firefox is taking a long time to load. Firefox on the Mac isn't the fastest yet, you can try Safari in the meantime. I had these problems earlier, it's not a problem where you have to replace your laptop.

Also, if you haven't, upgrading to 2GB might help you with performance, all around (not just loading FF).

You can try Safari or Camino... Camino should be pretty quick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4GHz MBP
I'm having some issues with Firefox also. It normally only happens on site with Embedded flash content, Firefox freezes up and eventually causes my MBP to be unresponsive, but no Kernel Panic. I would still have to do a manual/hard shutdown though. For the moment I have Safari, Camino, Opera and Firefox installed. I do like Firefox, most likely because I used it when I was on Windows, but Camino and Safari are pretty quick also. I'm having some MIME issues in Safari on some sites but I know that can be fixed, I've just been lazy to find the solution for it. So in short, its most likely a problem with firefox and not your MacBook

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.