Stuff on .Mac broken?

Reaction score
OK, someone please confirm this for me.

Open .Mac prefs, go to Sync, make sure you're syncing iCal. Sync it up, then go to mac.com and log into your .Mac account on the web. You'll see all the stuff on the left nav: contacts, calendar, mail. Everything is sync'd up except calendar! If you click the link for the calendar, it just gives you this lame page:

http://www.mac.com/1/ical.html

People at the Apple store couldn't even help me with this. And one of the guys there SWEARS a few months ago, he would log into .Mac and see that calendar on the home page with blue and red dates, and all his info would be there. So he said, well, open iCal and use 'Publish.' Um, no. If I do that, it's a public calendar for anyone to see, and there's no way I can see to protect it. .Mac sync should sync up my iCal appts on the .Mac web site just like it does with Address Book. Why does it not??

Did Apple take this down temporarily to fix some problems?

OP
C
Reaction score
More broken stuff: it's supposed to sync smart mailboxes from Mail.app. It doesn't. There's also an option to "sync Mail accounts." Will that add my other misc POP/IMAP accounts to .Mac on the web?

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding, and it will just sync these things with other COMPUTERS, and not .Mac on the web.

Reaction score
It must be broke. I kept getting a message telling there was a conflict with two files but it would not recognize my choice to solve it (i.e., keep this file only). This is the first trouble I have had with .mac.

Fry

Reaction score
is this still a problem? after syncing everything i still get the same lame page;)
http://www.mac.com/1/ical.html been trying to search for answeers, also my webpage when i press publish in iweb, i am not getting the webpage i made when i go to my homepage, i just get the options how to make a page etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.