Convincing my mate to get a mac

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Windows 2000 was mainly targeted at business consumers. ME was for the home users, so there was still 3 choices back then. Still...it was better than now.

To be quite honest, I know of no one who ever felt ME was even worth installing leave alone using, so 2k Pro and server for me. Hey ME! hahaha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
The problem with Windows
No iLife (again, no relevance here. Mac OS X doesn't include iLife either)
Any new (and many used) machines come with iLife. It is only the boxed version of OS X that does not come with iLife.

Also, we don't know if iLife would be of value to the potential switcher.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
My mate wants to purchase a new computer, but when I suggested a mac, he kept on saying that there only meant for designers and people working with graphics etc...
I'm surprised people still think that. Your mate needs a lashing!

But seriously. What does he use a computer for. If he is a gamer than you're likely wasting your time. If not, then figure out what he does use a computer for and send him some links of applications that fit his use as a demonstration of how it can work for him.

You can't convice him, but you might be able to open his mind to the error in his knowledge.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.