Leaving for Marines bootcamp, question about storing notebook

Reaction score
I leave for marine corps bootcamp tomorrow(monday) and I was just wondering, would it be better to shut my computer down and take out the battery, or to leave the battery in and plugged in

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0Ghz C2D 2GB RAM 250GB HD & Superdrive
Not real sure, I'll let somebody else answer. From one soldier to another, good luck and stay strong. You'll make it through just fine. I'm army, so I'll say "Hooah" but that'd translate to "Semper Fi" for you!

Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 w/4 gigs, Mac Pro Dual Quad 2.8's with 16 gigs of Ram, iMac 21" i5
I would disconnect the battery from the laptop, and store it like that. It is what I have always done when I am gone for long periods of time. If I am incorrect someone please let me know.

On a side note I just wish to thank you for everything you and your brothers do, and I wish you all the best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
I leave for marine corps bootcamp tomorrow(monday) and I was just wondering, would it be better to shut my computer down and take out the battery, or to leave the battery in and plugged in

Storing Your MacBook
If you are going to store your MacBook for an extended period of time, keep it in a cool location (ideally, 22° C or about 71° F) and do one of the following to preserve your MacBook battery life:

* Discharge the battery 50 percent before storing your MacBook.
* When storing your computer for longer than five months, discharge the battery to approximately 50 percent and then remove it from the MacBook. If you are storing your computer for an extended period, recharge your battery to 50 percent every six months or so.

http://www.apple.com/support/macbook/care/

Even though it says for five months, I'm sure you could still do it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.