Email Program!!!!

Reaction score
First of all I would like to say I am new and I have searched this forum, but could not find the answer to my question. My question is, Is there any email program out there such as Outlook for macs running Mac OS X 10.4.10. I downloaded thunderbird and other email programs, but what I am really looking for is something that has real time notifications. What I am wanting is an INSTANT email notification. I want a program that as soon as an email is sent to me has a box that pops up on my screen (even overlapping everything else) and tells me I have mail. Even if it had who it was from and subject. I do not know if this even exists or not. If anyone could give me suggestions and or help in doing this please please help me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Try Growl. It has an extra plug-in for the Mail.app.

OP
S
Reaction score
I am having some issues with this. I downloaded growl and tried to follow a tutorial, however i come into a dead end. A lot of the tutorials say to DL Yamb, but i can never get it. I need some serious help...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.