Boot Camp: Using an OEM copy of XP

Reaction score
Hey, just wondering if I would able to install an OEM version (this, specifically) of XP Professional with SP2 on an Intel Mac. Is this possible or do I have to get the full-out version which runs about $150 more?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
Hey, just wondering if I would able to install an OEM version (this, specifically) of XP Professional with SP2 on an Intel Mac. Is this possible or do I have to get the full-out version which runs about $150 more?

Thanks in advance!

Man I don't really trust Tiger Direct, but to answer your question... I temporarily installed an OEM version that came from an HP restore disc just for fun and that worked just as perfect as the full retail version I have on it now.

EDIT: I would also make sure that really has SP2 on it because they usually say it on the packaging.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
TigerDirect has really been going down the tubes lately.

I generally buy software from VioSoftware. The prices are a bit higher, but they offer free shipping.

Good Luck.

JDS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I agree, TigerDirect is really dodgy. I would suggest Newegg. The price is exactly the same, and you have a more reputable seller.

Windows XP OEM

OP
Night
Reaction score
Thanks a lot everyone.

One more question, is there any noticeable disadvantage to using the OEM version other than it can only clean install?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.