Return Policy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM
LOL I'm not that stupid as to return my Mac! However, I am considering going to AI Vancouver for their professional recording arts program where I will learn to be a sound technician, producer, and artist. I plan on using a Mac for my homework etc, and although most work will be done on the school computers, I know I will need my own. I just purchased a MacBook a couple weeks ago and am now wondering if it will be able to handle my needs... will I need a MacBook Pro? If so, what's the deal? Do I lose the money I spent and buy a new MBP? Will they take it back if I explain my situation? If I tell them about my airport card problem and the kernel panics I have had will they take it back and let me pay to upgrade?

Thanks.

-Cut-89

OP
Dodger
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 GHz, Intel Core 2 Duo, 80G HDD, 1G RAM
I know there are other topics like this, but you could at least answer my question about what I'll need :(

M

MacHeadCase

I know there are other topics like this, but you could at least answer my question about what I'll need :(

You should always search the forums first: if you know there are similar threads, why post the question again?

Just look below your thread: the board software just pulled out five threads that are close to your question. Why should we reply the same things to your similar question? And I'm sure you could also find Apple's return policy on their website.

M

MacHeadCase

Just a thought... Kernel panics alone would be reason for you to return the MacBook. Unless you installed some RAM or software that caused them. But if those kernel panics occurred with nothing doing from your end, then Apple should take the MacBook no questions asked. Call AppleCare for this anyhow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
considering you are still in your 14 day grace period you simply go to the store or call them up and say you want to return it and exchange for a MBP. they will refund your full price less 10%(i think it is 10) restock fee, and then charge you the difference between that and whatever mac you get

if you are in your 14 day period they can inquire why you want to return it but cant deny you a return unless you broke it

-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.