Does your trackpad make funny noises?

Reaction score
Sometimes when I am scrolling with the trackpad or just simply navigating on it, it will make a tick/click noise when I initially tap it. Not a noise coming from the speakers or anything, but a noise coming from the actual hardware. It's a one month old MBP and I was just wondering if anybody else got this funny noise. It's not serious, or super loud, it just bothers me sometimes.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15,4" 2,2Ghz - Nvidia 8600GT - 2Gb Ram / iPhone 1st Gen 16gb
never heared that before...i think u should take Apple phone and tell them.

OP
S
Reaction score
I didn't know if this was common, and if it was just they way the trackpad performed or not. Otherwise I would have called apple already or have already taken it to the genius bar. I guess I will now!

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I have this "issue" when scrolling on my PowerBook, whether using the trackpad or actually moving the scroll bar. In my case, it's the power adapter responding to the increased load from the video card.

No, I'm not making this up. It's done this since Day 1.

See if your "problem" goes away when you unplug your power adapter and run from the battery.

OP
S
Reaction score
Now that you mention that, I do not notice it when I am running on battery power, not on the power adapter.

Very weird, but thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.2ghz SR!
Sometimes when I am scrolling with the trackpad or just simply navigating on it, it will make a tick/click noise when I initially tap it. Not a noise coming from the speakers or anything, but a noise coming from the actual hardware. It's a one month old MBP and I was just wondering if anybody else got this funny noise. It's not serious, or super loud, it just bothers me sometimes.

Thanks.

This issue happens to the 2.4ghz MBP display unit we have at my work and has happened since day one of putting it out. Definitely some kind of manufacturer defect there. Very annoying when it happens. Kinda sounds like the pad is actually being pressed in and popping back out...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
So did you take it back?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.