Can "Finder" Be Mapped to a mouse button with USB OverDrive?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4GHz MBP
Hello everyone. I'm using a Logitech MS Revolution mouse and using USB OverDrive to assign buttons. I'd like to assign finder to one of the Mouse Buttons but where exactly is the App located so I can point USB OverDrive to it. I tried using Spotlight to find it, but all I found were two folders about Scripts. I was wondering if anyone knew anything regarding this issue, I appreciate the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
The actual Finder app is located at:

/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app

However, attempting to open it will result in an error message: "Item Finder.app is used by Mac OS X and cannot be opened."

I don't use USB OverDrive so I'm not sure if this could be done, but can you assign a folder to a button instead?

Because basically, clicking on the Finder icon in the Dock will open your Home folder, so if you can assign Home to a button, then it'll have the same effect.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4GHz MBP
I appreciate the reply. According to the documentation for USB OverDrive, it is possible to assign a folder to a button. Excuse my ignorance, but where is the home folder? I haven't searched, but I will now. Thanks again

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4GHz MBP
Never mind, I got it. It's basically my HD, or Macintosh HD, now I feel stupid. Thanks for the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 1.8 GHz
Nope, your Home folder is at

/Users/[your user account name]/

The first "/" represents your main hard drive, which is named by default "Macintosh HD."

By the way, you can know the path to any given folder by holding Command (the Apple key) and clicking the folder's name in the title bar.

Or you can right-click the Toolbar, choose Customize Toolbar, then drag in the Path menu button.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.