desperate need of help.

Reaction score
okay. i have an imac OS X and i accidentally deleted the entire dashboard application. i have no idea how it happened but i deleted it, accidentally. F12 still works but is there a way i can get the dashboard application back?
im really frustrated and im pleading anyone to help me solve this.
thankyou.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Did you just delete it from the Dock (little bar at the bottom)?

If so, those are just shortcuts, it still works exactly the same.

OP
T
Reaction score

i was just messing around with my mac, so i went into finder and deleted the dashboard, by accident of course. =/ i tried locating it but to no avail.
hmm, is there a way to retrive it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP : 2.4GHz : 2GB RAM : 256MB VRAM : 160GB HDD
If it still works, I'm guessing it's just in your Trash Can. Click the Trash Can in the dock, and drag Desktop.app back to your Applications folder.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
is there a way i can recover deleted items?

You can drag back the Dashboard from the Applications folder. Just Left click and hold and drag it back to the Dock.

OP
T
Reaction score
it has already been deleted so im wondering wether is there a way i can recover it or can i download another dashboard somewhere?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
it has already been deleted so im wondering wether is there a way i can recover it or can i download another dashboard somewhere?

You deleted both the Dock Icon and Dashboard from the Applications folder?

You can use Pacifist.

http://www.charlessoft.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
just drag the icon from the applications menu like dtravis7 suggested, and if that doesn't work then download pacifist and get out your install disks and you can just reinstall that particular program to your computer... problem solved..

--

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.