AppleWorks 6 (Panther version)

T

The Giver

I typed my paper on Appleworks, and when I printed it out, the right side of my paper was cut off, meaning that some words were cut off... How do you fix this? I just reinstalled all my Applications with the discs I got when I bought my iBOok, and I have no clue how I fixed this problem before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
sounds like a margin error ;) or ruler/paper size problem.. either should be fixable with AppleWorks preferences.. or what not... or in your printer settings?

OP
T

The Giver

I have no clue how to fix this, please can someone help me? Why hasn't this happened to other people?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I think the answer is within Graphite's post. But a shot at repair permissions can't hurt

OP
B

Badger

You don't mention the brand of printer but Epsons (and other brands) have had this problem in Appleworks because of the setting of fractional character widths. The symptom is that the characters on the right margin may be clipped and words may be only partially printed, if at all.

Open Appleworks. Go to the Edit menu, under preferences, click on text and toggle the check for "use fractional widths" to the opposite setting (if it is checked then uncheck it, if it is not checked then checkmark it). Close everything and quit AW, open AW and the document and try to print it.

This was a common problem between both AW and Word and some printer software. Most companies updated the software and eliminated the problem. Check the website for your printer to see if there is an update.

Badger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
lol the packers... snicker snicker :D

[/off topic]

OP
T

The Giver

My printer is about 4 years old, so I guess that was the problem... Who knows. It worked!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.