Cleaning Macbook screen?

Reaction score
This may just be the dumbest question ever. Are you ready? I need to know, what is the best way to clean the screen on my MacBook? It has gotten so dirty in just the past month. I am afraid to use anything. I did buy a Marware protection kit that comes with this little piece of fabric that covers the keys and "cleans" the screen. Only problem is it doesn't clean the screen. Any ideas? Preferably cheap ones. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
mine got pretty dirty, and although primitive. i started to breath on it, and take a cloth to it. seemed to work pretty good:) but that was mostly just smudges and finger prints.

Reaction score
mine got pretty dirty, and although primitive. i started to breath on it, and take a cloth to it. seemed to work pretty good:) but that was mostly just smudges and finger prints.
haha this is crazy, exactly what I was thinking for a week! the easiest way to clean is to get a kleenex and start wiping the spot for 10 sec, it will go away eventually. recent switcher here and I got pretty annoyed with all the fingerprints on the screen. If you only wipe it once or twice it won't work, be persistent!! 20 second and you are done! works for fingerprints! gauranteed!!! no special kit required!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
A screen-cleaning spray and non-lint cloth works fine for me. A micro-fibre cloth is best. Don't spray anything near the edges though, as there are reports of cleaner getting into the screen and messing it up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
I use window cleaner, same on all monitors.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
This is what the User Manual says,

Cleaning your MacBook display To clean your MacBook screen, first shut down your
MacBook, unplug the power adapter, and remove the battery. Then dampen a clean,
soft, lint-free cloth or paper with water only and wipe the screen. Do not spray liquid
directly on the screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
woah... didn't even think to check the manual. thanks.:p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
30gb Black iPod Video || White MacBook 2.0GHz 1GB-RAM & an absolute beauty
Are there any decent screen protectors on the market then? I'm going to get a MacBook soon, and I'd rather it be protected from day 1. Makes cleaning less of a headache too (esp when you think about water on screen!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Ryvyan said:
Are there any decent screen protectors on the market then?

"The Slip" from Crumpler is pretty cool. It can even use as a mouse pad ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.