"i cal" as it should have been (Idiot mac designers please note)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Diggin it...thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
What are you talking about dude? Spell check?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
are you talking about how the iCal icon in the dock shows some 'random' date? well it shows that 'random' date because it has some sort of significance to apple as a corporation i just dont remember what it is. you can find the date on the menu bar
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ya know I just noticed, and my wife confirmed it, my iCal always has the current date in the Dock icon. If I manually change my Macs date, the iCal icon changes along with it.

Now, maybe this App will change the date when iCal is closed and just sitting in the dock. I don't keep Apps in the dock, so I wouldn't know the difference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That link just goes to the Screen Saver download category. What does it have to do with iCal? And what's iCal doing wrong?

I don't get it.

He feels the icon in the dock when the program is not running should show the correct date. Like Baggss said, launch iCal and the icon then shows todays date. Simple, works.

OP
L
Reaction score
the clock tell the correct time.... i wouldnt expect it to show the time some mac engineer lost his virginity etc !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Uh, the clock is RUNNING. The date on the iCal icon is incorrect when it is NOT RUNNING. You do know the difference, right?

I bet if you turned the clock off, if you could actually stop the system from having a system time, it would be wrong too! Oh wait, if I turn off the Auto Time sync and change the time, THEN IT'S WRONG TOO! Some IDIOT at Apple should fix that!

If this bugs you so much you have two choices:

1) Keep iCal open when the computer is on.

2) Remove the iCal icon from the dock when not running.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Well, from a technical point of view, iCal can't update it's dock icon when it's not running, any more than than Mail can check your emails when the power is turned off. I know not everyone's a programmer, but it ain't rocket science. If it's that critical, add it to the startup list.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.