Best option for MBP CD Hard Drive upgrade?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
I'm quickly running out of room on my Rev A. 1.83 MBP so I'm thinking of upgrading the hard drive. Now I know about the warranty issue and I'm ok with that. I'm really looking at what my best bet is as far a space is concerned. I'll be using this computer when I enter my first year of Law School and I don't want any surprises.

I've never taken a laptop apart but I'm overly worried about it and if it came down to it I think I could do the swap if need be. I'm looking for at least a 160 gig hard drive, which would double my current capacity.

I know newegg, macsales and the like all carry hard drives and I can find directions on macfixit (I think) on how to take my MBP apart but I'd like to know of options in which I can have the swap done professionally. Just to be able to price the difference and see if sending it out is worth it.

If anyone can provide some insight I'd appreciate it greatly since I'm trying to get this done within the next 2-3 weeks.

OP
Mace
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
Wow, 46 views and not 1 reply? Oh well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
I honestly would just do it myself. I'm almost positive ifixit.com has a really good tutorial on how to do this, I know i've seen it somewhere...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.