Can you recommend a good ipod case?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
for when my pod 30gb comes in the post soon. I've seen the ipod sock and leather case on the apple site and although the look very pretty, are presumably about as useful and practical as a pocket with a hole in. The leather case doesn't seem to have a lid so the pod cud fall out and it costs a fair bit whilst the socks might be ok, maybe. I guess i'm really after full protection ie to keep thepod secure and hopefully waterproof.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
Waterproof, what are you going deep sea diving or something?

http://www.iskin.com

sigh, what kinda dumb answer is that! of course i'm not going deep sea diving with my pod, ok i meant splash proof, oh and that iskin is again as about as useful as a pocket with a hole in. I guess i could get a isock but whats the point i could just use one of my own socks really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
sigh, what kinda dumb answer is that! of course i'm not going deep sea diving with my pod, ok i meant splash proof, oh and that iskin is again as about as useful as a pocket with a hole in. I guess i could get a isock but whats the point i could just use one of my own socks really.

And you wonder with a retort like that why you will receive few replies?
:Smirk:

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
And you wonder with a retort like that why you will receive few replies?
:Smirk:

well it was a bit of a silly reply the person gave, the iskin suggestion was welcome but unfortunately not really what i am looking for because water could still get to the ipod with those cases. Maybe i'll have to look to mobile phone cases for a solution.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
well it was a bit of a silly reply the person gave, the iskin suggestion was welcome but unfortunately not really what i am looking for because water could still get to the ipod with those cases. Maybe i'll have to look to mobile phone cases for a solution.

It was I agree, but you took the bait.
Just ignore him/her next time. :)
As for suggestions for a case I am clueless myself. Actually I am going to purchase a new ipod today (upgrading from a 2 year old mini to a Gen 5.5), so if you find something that is durable and neat please let me know. Thank you. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
I have used this case for the past 8 months, or so. I use my iPod every day and just -literally- toss it into my pocket book and it has kept it scratch free. The rubber sides really protect it. It's not water proof, though.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=9A671B18&nplm=TG341LL/A

The scroll wheel is exposed, so I left on the protective plastic covering that came packaged on the iPod. It worked great. Now I use this covering, which works fantastic as well:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=2F5687FF&nplm=TG139LL/A

I highly recommend these! Particularly looks good with the black 30GB.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I have used this case for the past 8 months, or so. I use my iPod every day and just -literally- toss it into my pocket book and it has kept it scratch free. The rubber sides really protect it. It's not water proof, though.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=9A671B18&nplm=TG341LL/A

The scroll wheel is exposed, so I left on the protective plastic covering that came packaged on the iPod. It worked great. Now I use this covering, which works fantastic as well:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=2F5687FF&nplm=TG139LL/A

I highly recommend these! Particularly looks good with the black 30GB.

well that contour one seems to be one of th best but really it seems to be flawed in designas it opens like a book, i'm amazed at the lack of well designed cases, all that is need is a regular mobile phone style case with a transperent front cover. But thanks for the suggestions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
30gb Black iPod Video || White MacBook 2.0GHz 1GB-RAM & an absolute beauty
I bought this TuneWear Prie iPod Wallet 1.5 years ago and have never looked back. A colleague (whom I did not know back then) has this same wallet, he bought it about US$10 less than I did a few months after I got mine. Should be cheaper now.

It comes with a free TuneFilm, which is a rather hard plastic film covering your iPod. It tends to catch dust inside with mine, so be careful when applying. ;) Completely reusable, but get a fingerprint on it and it's almost going to be permanent there (as per other film products). Or maybe I'm just bad with cleaning...

The wallet itself is sturdy with a hard backing, not at all flimsy, and I often wonder how I went an entire month before it was released. It does not look exactly "pretty", but it looks pretty swanky (probably more so with a white iPod in it; mine is black, black iPod and black leather). I never felt too much of a pang of pain in my heart when I accidentally drop my Precious (name of iPod) in its casing versus when I drop it in its iPod sock :Oops:

A picture of my Precious in its casing back in early 2006. It looks exactly the same, except I don't use that earphones anymore and the cable is not exactly as sparkling white as it was...

Hope this helped!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
30gb Black iPod Video || White MacBook 2.0GHz 1GB-RAM & an absolute beauty
Oh, I realised you don't really want one that opens like a book. Tunewear has other designs that you might like though, so you might want to take a look.

Also, not exactly waterproof... But I tend to not place any form of liquid/semi-liquid near my Precious at all. It's subconsciously I think.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
News Shock

my new ipod which arrived yesterday actually came with a basic leather wallet which is tight enough so that the pod won't fall out so thats good. Also to the replier above that tunewear wallet looks very good indeed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Im going to second the iskin, its the best case for the ipod ive ever used.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.