Reducing the size of JPEG.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.33Ghz iPhone 3G 16GB
I looking for software that can reduce the size of some JPEG's I have.

They were taken by a pro and each file is 6mb. I'm looking to reduce them to about 1mb, I've got nearly 100 to do so something that can do a large batch at a time would help.

I've looked about on the internet and it seems most of the re sizers do it by physical size rather than memory size.

Can anybody help, please?

Cheers

GP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 2.4Ghz, 2Gb RAM, 160Gb HDD, 8600M GT, iPod Classic 80Gb
That's what automator was invented for :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Just for the record...you can also use iPhoto's export option. The only problem is you can only resize pictures based on the pixel ratio rather than just choosing a size that you would like it to be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 white book with some niffty icons
THis program is awesome but only for windows. Its a batch resizer/converter.
Again not for Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
If you have Photoshop CS2, it will do it. See the File->Scripts->Image Processor selection. It will resize, change color spaces, all sorts of stuff, on whole folders of images. I use this function to prepare folders of images for presentation on the web. Works very well. Of course, the downside is you have to have Photoshop, which is not an inexpensive package!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Mac Pro: 2.66 Ghz, 2GB RAM, 23" HD Cenima Display
If you have Photoshop CS2, it will do it. See the File->Scripts->Image Processor selection. It will resize, change color spaces, all sorts of stuff, on whole folders of images. I use this function to prepare folders of images for presentation on the web. Works very well. Of course, the downside is you have to have Photoshop, which is not an inexpensive package!

Or just go File->save for Web.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.