New to making music... Can you help?

G

GTO NEMESIS

Making music advice required...

Hello,

I have been using macs for 15 yrs but I have never used any macs for making music. (I downloaded my first MP3 yesterday! Sad)

I am totaly new to the audio scene and haven't got a clue where to start! Does anyone know of any downloadable software I can practice on?

Thanks
Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6
GTO NEMESIS said:
Hello,

I have been using macs for 15 yrs but I have never used any macs for making music. (I downloaded my first MP3 yesterday! Sad)

I am totaly new to the audio scene and haven't got a clue where to start! Does anyone know of any downloadable software I can practice on?

Thanks
Mark
If you could or if you have it already use Garage Band. If youo have it I suggest buy it. It's solid program for creating your own music.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
garageband can edit audio too. what kind of things do you want to do with music? split it, convert it, what?

OP
V

vtupser

If you want to do compression, play with CODECs or audio for web streaming go with Quicktime Pro.

OP
F

Flaps45

what is exactly what you want to record?...is it a band?...yourself playing piano?.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.