Partitioning

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I should be receiving my new MacBook Pro in the mail within the next day, and i am planning on installing boot camp on it. To the people who use it for both OSX and Windows, how did you partition your hard drives for how many GBs of space each operating system would use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Bootcamp is an application that you access within OS X... when you run Bootcamp, it will walk you through the process, and it will create the partition for you.

The size of the partition you'll want needs to be based on what you are using it for. I only use Windows on my Mac to play one specific game, I made a 20GB partition for Windows (WAY more than I need)... but I have a 500gb hard drive.. so I have plenty of space.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15,4" 2,2Ghz - Nvidia 8600GT - 2Gb Ram / iPhone 1st Gen 16gb
U gonna be amazed when u see that boot camp asks you to insert a blank CD to burn ur mac drivers to use them for windows
awesome stuff.
Its EASY dont worry.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
Yea, i'll be using it for playing 2 games, HALO and Unreal Tournament 2004, and probably using it for some other applications for photo editing like Photoshop CS2, until i get CS3 for the Mac side.

Thanks guys!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
i have a 200gb hardrive and gave windows 50 of that and its running like a charm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
Once you make it windows one size, could you add to it? Like my MBP is comming in the mail shortly aswell with the 160GB HD. I was thinking of partitioning windows to about 20GB. I'll only use it for Adobe Premiere Pro, until I get used to final cut studio. But I'm asking if I need more than 20, can I add or no?

Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, but I am planning to install bootcamp also. Which format did you guys make your wndows partition: FAT32 or NTFS? Which is recommended? I will mainly be doing AutoCAD in Windows. I would like to read and write between files created in Windows/ OSX.

thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.