Would Macbook bought in USA work in UK

Reaction score
Hi, Im going over to New York and was going to buy a macbook when I was over there as its cheaper. But would it work back in the UK? I dont want to spend all that money only to find it wouldnt work back here!

Thanks so much for any help, and im sorry if im not doing this forum thing right, Ive never been on one before!

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I have a refurb US model and it works perfectly. You'll need an adaptor for the mains plug.

OP
C
Reaction score
ooh brilliant, good to know, was that quite recently then (i mean nothing's changed in terms of macs or anything. does cover/warranty still apply if i buy it over there, could i get a cover plan over here that would cover it?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Why wouldn't it work? It's not a cell phone that needs some connections service. It's just a box with a few electric impulses.

Your warranty might not be valid in the UK, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
keyboard should be the same. Does Apple use localization type DVD drives, like a typical DVD player?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook - 2.4 ghz intel core duo / 4 gig of ram.
could this be sorted with some sort of firmware or an application?

Reaction score
Your DVD drive will be set to the region of the first DVD you insert. So if you make sure you insert a region 2 disc, the DVD drive will be set to region 2. You can change that 5 times later on, until it's locked forever.

But that shouldn't be a major issue, you don't need to hack the drive...

Reaction score
Your DVD drive will be set to the region of the first DVD you insert. So if you make sure you insert a region 2 disc, the DVD drive will be set to region 2. You can change that 5 times later on, until it's locked forever.

But that shouldn't be a major issue, you don't need to hack the drive...

how do u know all this? I KNOW UR SECRET UR STEVE JOBS!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.16GHZ C2D,120 GB HDD 3GB Ram
how do u know all this? I KNOW UR SECRET UR STEVE JOBS!

lol i think it tells you that you can change the dvd region 5 times on the very first boot. i seem 2 remember see it somewhere.

Reaction score
Of course I am... my avatar... erm... I need to go now...

Reaction score
Keyboard will have a dollar sign instead of the pound sign.

i bought mine in australia with uk in mind. speaking to the lads at the apple store, apparently the only thing needed is a plug adaptor.

And the @ may be in a different location - it's above the 2 on the top row of the keyboard, instead of next to the L, but otherwise i have spotted no difference in the keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
isn't the return button a different shape and missing the \ key?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.4Ghz C2D, 2Gb, 160Gb 256Mb Vram, OSX Leopard!, ViewSonic 20" Widescreen TFT
Keyboard will have a dollar sign instead of the pound sign.

i bought mine in australia with uk in mind. speaking to the lads at the apple store, apparently the only thing needed is a plug adaptor.

And the @ may be in a different location - it's above the 2 on the top row of the keyboard, instead of next to the L, but otherwise i have spotted no difference in the keyboard.

I have a UK MacBook Pro, and i can confirm that the @ symbol is above the 2. its also above the 2 on this really sexy aluminium Apple Keyboard i am using.

but as mentioned about you'll probably lose the pound sign

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2Ghz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD
I bought an iPod in the US two years ago, came back and it broke.
I took it to the registered apple ...... and they just typed the serial number into the computer, checked the warranty and sent it away for repair

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.