• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

12inch Macbook PRO!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
POS Dell right now. 2.8 ghz pentium 4 256mb RAM and 40GB HD
12" is way way too small for a laptop like MBP imo....
Me too, I think if you are serious about the power that the MBP put out, and the graphics card is one of the reasons to upgrade is well, you're going to want a nice large screen to display it all on. I mean a Macbook can be upgraded to MBP specs by the owner, the gaphics card is one reason to actually start with the better hardware, CPU, RAM, HDD space, and software can all be changed. My biggest issue is that if they made a 12 in MBP, what would it's niche be? It'd basically be a shinier Macbook at that point, unless you shop for the wrong reasons like the way some people shop for cars. "It's pretty, it has an ambient light sensor, etc."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HDD
I would love a 12" MacBook Pro. I currently have a 13" MacBook and a 15" MacBook Pro. I prefer to work on the 13" when I am not at my desk but I normally end up using the MacBook Pro as it has a backlight keyboard (working all those late nights it surprising how useful that is), more RAM and the graphics card.

It's so strange how 2" makes such a huge difference...... The screen seems a lot bigger but that also make the notebook seem less portable.

I would buy a 12-13" MacBook Pro straight away if it was the same as a MacBook except it had a backlight keyboard, 4GB RAM, LED backlight display, the shiny silver finish and a small graphics card (it does not need to be the 256MB powerhouse in my 15" MacBook Pro).

Reaction score
bittenapple, I agree with you. Being a student, I can't afford more than one computer, and the larger screen was one of the deciding factors in getting the MBP over the MB. Well, that and of course the 800 MHz frontside BUS and the killer graphics card and I really like the brushed alluminum look. It was mainly because I wanted a bigger screen, though. :D

I'm sure there are people that would love a small 12" MacBook Pro, though. It definitely would be a plus for people that do a lot of traveling and need to run 3D video-intensive apps. So, while it wouldn't be for me, I think it could be a good move for Apple.

~Damien

What I am saying is with a screen that small you hardly need MBP specs!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro w/ 2.4 GHz C2D, 4 GB RAM, 250 GB
What I am saying is with a screen that small you hardly need MBP specs!

Oh......LOL. Whoops. Sorry about that. I guess I misread your post.:Oops: :Blushing: I kind of agree with you, but from the opposite side. I think that the money spent on the fancy graphics engine is wasted on a smaller screen.

~Damien

Reaction score
i would very much like to see either a new 12 inch mbp or mb its rumoured that there is a new range set for the launch of leopard lets hope so!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
When I was trying to decide which Apple notebook to get, I wanted a 12" metallic so badly I tried out a PowerBook 1.33 ghz, but didn't like it. It ran hot, the display was dim, it was slow and didn't have two finger scrolling. It didn't occur to me at the time (and no one told me) that there might be a significant difference between the 1.33 and the 1.5, so I bought a MacBook instead. A few months have gone by and I still wanted a 12" metallic notebook ~ I wished and hoped a 12" MBP would come into existence. I gave up and bought a 12" PowerBook 1.5 on eBay. I'm totally loving it. This display is significantly brighter than the 1.33 I tried out, it isn't running as hot and I'm planning to throw more ram in it. They can keep their old, non-existent, 12" MBP! :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.