Adium

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.16GHZ, 1G mem, 120HD
IS there a way to keep me signed on when I put it to sleep? every time my computer wakes up it signes me up. can that be fixed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
From experience (correct me if I am wrong) when my MacBook goes to sleep it completely disconnects. No connection to WiFi, not even LAN. So that is why your Adium is disconnects every time you put it to sleep, since your MacBook isn't connected to the Web, so Adium can't reach out to the servers.

So I guess other than not putting the computer to sleep there is no way around it.. sorry!

Hope that helps

Cheers

T

todd51

Nope, not with out other types of software to keep the Macbook awake when the lid is shut. When your computer goes to sleep it loses internet connection and completely throws everything into memory for when you open it back up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
The only way is to use a program like insomniax or sleepless. But both come with warnings so read them before using them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.