crack 14 inch ibook screen

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I went to the apple store, and they quoted me 755 dollars for installation and a new screen! I think that is ridiculous. Does anyone know where I can pick up a cheaper screen, and if I can install it myself?

Thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hey guys,

I went to the apple store, and they quoted me 755 dollars for installation and a new screen! I think that is ridiculous. Does anyone know where I can pick up a cheaper screen, and if I can install it myself?

Thanks

Try iFixIt.com. They have full instructions that you can check out beforehand to see if you're comfortable with the procedure (IMO, it wouldn't be difficult - but then, I've been repairing laptops for years).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
ifixit.com usually has decent prices....or you can find one on ebay in which the logic board is fried or something and just use it for parts....

unfortunately apple products are not only expensive to buy but to fix. i hope you wont need to replace your 'book in order to replace your screen

-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.