• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

America's Got Talent

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
just lost me for the rest of this season.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
LOL! OK.... that begs the question. May I ask why?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
google tells me that this appears to be a television show
-chris

T

todd51

Yes, you are correct coach, it's another one of those lovely reality shows trying to get as big as American Idol.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
My guess is that Bob tried out for it and was axed - I'll have to watch tonight's episode on DVR to see if I can pick him out. Is that what it was, Bob? If so, what were you wearing? :D

OP
bobtomay

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
No, I didn't try out. No need. Already know I don't have any talent.

Nope I'm gone after watching 'em cut some really good acts, and then put thru a overweight guy, in a blonde wig, basically hula dancing. I'm with Hasselhoff on this one. Think he was as disgusted by that as I am, only I don't get paid to sit there.

Maybe I should get me a hula skirt and give it a shot next year.

T

todd51

No, I didn't try out. No need. Already know I don't have any talent.

Nope I'm gone after watching 'em cut some really good acts, and then put thru a overweight guy, in a blonde wig, basically hula dancing. I'm with Hasselhoff on this one. Think he was as disgusted by that as I am, only I don't get paid to sit there.

Maybe I should get me a hula skirt and give it a shot next year.

Reason being I don't watch reality shows in the first place. I don't think this show will automatically pick the people with the best talent out there, they will just pick the people that are funny and entertaining to watch. Of course some of those will be people with good/crazy talents, others will just be plain stupid people like the one you have described.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
seriously, I watched that too. I just though it was funny that the cross dresser kept saying I'm being myself and the act is about imitating someone else...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I never watch reality shows, I find them too embarrassing.

I agree 100%, some people making fools of themselves for a few minutes of TV time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
omg, they actualy let "boy shakira" threw, and some really good acts not threw. is the hasselhoff the only logical one

Reaction score
Did seem like a crazy decision doesn't it? Keep the weirdo and let the three guys go (can't remember their names). Only reason I still watch it, is because I really could care less who wins - I just watch to enjoy the acts themselves. Reminds me of the old Ed Sullivan Show while growing up - not too many variety acts anymore.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.