Mail asks to use Keychain

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, Intel duo, 17", standard RAM
Since creating a new account in Mail, every time I launch Mail a window appears asking to use Keychain, and I have to type in my password. I'm sure this can be stopped - I think I had this problem a while ago, but I can't remember how.

Many thanks to whoever is able to assist.

O:)

OP
GridLok
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, Intel duo, 17", standard RAM
Sorry if I'm doubling up! But I couldn't find the thread I thought I posted yesterday!

I recently created a second account in Mail. Now whenever I open Mail, it asks for permission to use Keychain. I'm pretty sure this happened once before, but I can't remember how I dealt with it. Anybody out there know what to do … it gets to be a drag typing the password each time.

Many thanks to any kind soul who can assist.
O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
Have a look in Keychain access. If you can find the key chain, double click it and look at it's access controls. I'm not sure on this, but check it out. Also, run Keychains first aid to verify and/or repair your keychains.
I've just had a similar problem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.