Pics in iPhoto dissapeared after OS re-install-HELP!

Reaction score
Hi,

I installed OS Tiger in my PowerBook G4 867 Mhz. The computer was acting funny so I re-installed the original OS 10.2 (without whipping out the disc). My applications such as adobe suit or MSFT office are still there. However, all the pictures I had in iPhoto are gone (6 last years of my life!). The program is empty. Is there any hidden folder that contains the pictures? Where? Or, how can I recover the pics? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. AB

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Search is the best way, just type in suspected FileNames and see if you yield any results, then if you do check where the Folders are and if your lucky you might find them but beyond that, I'm not sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
You might try a "rebuild". See: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107947 for instructions. You might need to do a manual rebuild -- you'll get duplicates, etc., but at least your photos would be there. Hope that works for you! It did for me! Some clean-up needed, but the photos were saved!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.