Microsoft Outlook -> Entourage

F

forza

Just for the record, after having spent the past 3 days dedicated to transferring my Outlook data to Entourage, Paul Berkowitz' program 'Import-Export Entourage X-131' is pretty useful, specifically for contacts and notes and tasks.

You can, however, transfer mail simply by importing your mailboxes to Mozilla on PC and then transferring those files to OS X, append/edit the file type to '.mbox' and you can literally drag those to the mail window in Entourage and it'll add a mailbox.

Other things I learned in this endless transfer & organization process:
Don't rename your shortname
Don't rename the home folder in Finder, because when you reboot, you'll find all your settings gone (at least, displaced to a 'different' user) - this comment is undoubtedly going to take heat from Mac experts but...

Still working out the move from Money to Quickbooks, since no importation method exists between the two finance clients. iTunes wouldn't import my .mp3 files after transffering them so I had to drag them to the iTunes window about 150 at a time (I selected the copy to iTunes directory option so I had to do this in bunches to allow for copy time and not mass crash of OS X).

Running on 256 MB DDR333 SDRAM, wishing for more.

- Forza Italia! EuroCup 2004 bambina!

OP
T

TitaniumDreads

forza said:
Just for the record, after having spent the past 3 days dedicated to transferring my Outlook data to Entourage, Paul Berkowitz' program 'Import-Export Entourage X-131' is pretty useful, specifically for contacts and notes and tasks.

I'm a mac newbie and I had trouble figuring out how to run those scripts...how is it done?

Reaction score
Entourage 2004 File Sharing

I am working in an office where Entourage 2004 is installed on all of the Macs, as well as Microsoft Exchange Server. All of the Macs are able to open another user's file except for one of them. On this computer, the option to "open other users folder" does not show up under the file menu. The configuration settings on this computer are the same as all of the other computers, on which this feature works. I tried to uninstall, and then reinstall Entourage to fix this problem, but in the process encountered a new issue. Entourage appeared to go through the uninstallation process, but after it said it was complete, Entourage was still in the dock and could be launched as normal. Therefore, if anyone could help solve the issue with folder sharing, or with uninstalling entourage, that would be fantastic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.