RAM update

Reaction score
Hi!

I just ordered the midrange white macbook with 1GIG RAM.
I would like to have 2GIG, but that was too expensive. I checked the crucial.com website, and they offer 2GIG RAM for my macbook for 54 UK pounds. If I bought 2 GIG RAM from apple, they charge 220 UK pounds.

My question is, whether the crucial memory will do the job, or should I buy the RAM from apple?

Ta,
Lilbird.

OP
L
Reaction score
so, once i upgraded my macbook to 2gigs ram, what is the difference between my macbook and a macbook pro?

...also, I just read that Mac OSX Leopard will come out soon. will this run on my macbook without any problems, or will this be one of those annoying issues (as with vista), that graphics card is not good enough, not enough ram etc etc.

tks,
Lilbird

Reaction score
There's a big difference between Macbook and Macbook pro other than CPU and RAM. Have a look at the specs on the Apple site - lots of differences!

This is Apple we're talking about - not Micro$oft - I'm sure Leopard will be hotdangniffty on your Macbook ::D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Apple RAM is a rip off. It's the same stuff Crucial do.

And yeah, this isn't Micro$oft. You won't need any upgrades to run Leopard at full speeds.

OP
L
Reaction score
will upgrading my ram to 2gb make a huge difference in the performance of my macbook (midrange one).

Ta,
Lilbird.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
will upgrading my ram to 2gb make a huge difference in the performance of my macbook (midrange one).

Ta,
Lilbird.

Oh yeah. It's much snappier with 2 gig. Having more RAM room really makes switching between apps fly! Even little things, like waking from sleep, or displaying the password box when coming out of screen saver takes less time.

Of course, I run a lot of things simultaneously on my Macbook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.