how to connect macbook to external display (lcd tv)

Reaction score
hi everyone i'm here to ask whether anyone knows how to connect macbook to a lcd tv. As i know it's possible to connect pc to a lcd tv via vga cable but there's not any vga socket on macbook or are there any male usb to male vga cable??? in order to connect it to the macbook's usb,anyone has tried or knows how to connect please tell me :) it'd help me so much

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz C2D (Black), 4GB RAM, 320GB Disk, MAC OSX 10.6.1, AC, 80Gig Classic, iPhone 16G 3G
You will need to purchase a mini-dvi to VGA or DVI cable from the Apple store. I managed to get them to throw in a Mini-DVI to VGA when I purchased my MacBook. Only problem is that you need to connect sound to an Amp or get a 3.5mm headphone jack to phono cable and plug it into the TV.

OP
A
Reaction score
But what do u mean by "problem is that you need to connect sound to an Amp or get a 3.5mm headphone jack to phono cable and plug it into the TV." and other than mini-dvi to VGA or DVI cable(how it looks like) or can i use other vga cables (the common ones)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.