My new iBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1GHz ibook, 20 gig 4G ipod
Hi all,

My new iBook arrived today and I can't keep quiet about it!

I got the 12" 1GHz with 256 RAM, Airport Extreme and bluetooth. Also ordered another 256 RAM from crucial which arrived yesterday, so all is good! My first MAC, but still keeping my PC for gaming. So far it all seems good, especially now that I've got monitor spanning working so that I can use my 21" CRT as well.

Oh well, a couple of photo's to go with it!

ibook1.jpg

ibook2.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Congratz! Welcome to Mac and the forum! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hi pritsey!

i just got the exact same book you did! The only thing i haven't done yet is buy more RAM... does it help a lot or didn't you use it much with only 256?

Isn't it a great machine though? The whole box-opening experience was fun, but i just love this thing more all the time!

Yesterday a student buddy of mine spent 20 minutes trying to hook up to our uni's wireless lan while i had just opened the ibook, switched on airport and was online in about 3 minutes!

I love my ibook!

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1GHz ibook, 20 gig 4G ipod
It is pretty great, yeah! I only switched it on and installed all the options with 256 RAM. As it arrived in work I couldn't play with it that much. As soon as I got home I installed the RAM before even switching it on. I've installed Photoshop Elements 2 and Final Cut Express 2 now so I'd imagine the extra RAM will help with that. I just have to learn how to use Final Cut first though!

P

pedXing

Congrats!!! Joining MAC!!!!!

IM GONNA BE DOING THE SAME IN A WEEK OR SO!!!!
SO WISH ME LUCK WHILE I MAKE THE SWITCH!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.