Superdrive or dvd?

Reaction score
hi all, i have the apocalypse now dvd rental...it has many scratches but when i try to play it on my macbook it freezes 'dvd player' after about 20 seconds into the movie...every time all the time, but when i play it on my dvd player and my windows desktop it works just fine and doesn't have any problems....any explanations...im just worried it is my superdrive...any other ideas or fixes guys...also i tried playing the dvd on vlc player...is freezes at the same point in the movie.
thanks in advance,
ren

Reaction score
The ability of different drives to read scratched DVDs varies hugely; certain ones may be able to read it while others don't. If it's a DVD rental, I'd say go back and kick up a fuss that you couldn't play it (even take your MacBook in to prove it as it's portable) and they should extend the rental with a better copy.

OP
R
Reaction score
haha yeah so i thought...well i got another copy of apocalypse now...but now
i've had another problem return to me...after i finished the movie (bout 3hrs + long) i pressed the eject button and the dvd is being ejected but low and behold something is blocking it's way from exiting so it just stays in the drive till i eject it again...any reason why? is it something worth getting looked at or what? it is kinda freaky and annoying. also...this is not a one off thing...it has happened before and currently it has been happening if i leave any disc in for more than 10 minutes or so..very annoying...one problem after another...ugh!
thanks in advance...and thanks for the reply uk dmb fan.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.