MBP power adapter block extremly hot!!

Reaction score
I unplugged my MBP today before I went to bed, it was about 72% charged. The power adapter block was extremely hot! So hot that I cant even hold it for more than a second. I normally unplug my adapter after it completely charges, so I probably never noticed this before since it cools down after a full charge.

Is this normal? All my electronic devices power adapters heat up, but ive never felt one this hot before.

Reaction score
Hmm, after extensive use mine gets a little heated, but never that hot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2 GBs Ram, 250gb My Book, 500gb Lacie,40gb 3rd Gen ipod,60gb ipod video
Mine gets warm but never hot, and it rests on the carpet for most of its use. You should definitely get that checked out, sounds like a hazard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro (Early 2008) 2.4GHz 4GB RAM running 10.5.4
mine went extremely hot (i saw steam coming off it) when it was tucked under my duvet. but that's my own fault though. it's working normally now (warm not hot).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
i melted mine. The casing and wre detached from the magnetic end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Matte, Macbook Pro 2.2 gHz, 2 GB Ram, 120GB HDD
take it in to the apple store. I wouldn't be surprised if they swapped it on the spot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.