Should I buy a ipod 5.5 now, or will there be a new gen soon?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
I had my ipod mini now for good two years and I love it.
However over the past few weeks I have well exceded the 4GB limitations and I am really looking forward on upgrading my ipod. However I am just wondering whether I should wait, or just go ahead and buy an ipod gen 5.5 (the 30gb one).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2 GBs Ram, 250gb My Book, 500gb Lacie,40gb 3rd Gen ipod,60gb ipod video
No one ever really has a good idea of when apple are going to update their products. Sometimes it may be that a rumor of a product update surfaces and literally the next day or two the product is on the shelf. It's hard to tell with apple. You may want to check the most recent ipod rumor thread and make a decision based on that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse
I read a rumor that says the new iPod (after 5.5G) is coming about 7 months after iPhone launch; so you'd better buy the 5.5G; i just bought it a couple of weeks ago and I can't be happier; in my case i wouldn't wait 7 months (or more) just to see what's the new iPod's about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz 3 GB RAM
The iPod's semi-regular update schedule was thrown off drastically by iPhone development. The 5G is almost two years old, but no one knows when the 6G is coming. If I were you, I'd just get the 5G now. It's a very fine player. I've got one myself, and it does what I need it to do (play music well).

OP
BlueBacchus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
That is true. The iphone certainly has become more the center focus (especially with rumors flying that a Nano like ipod is in the works).
Well that settles it then. I think I am going to get one tomorrow then (black of course). Thanks for the replies. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.