Listening to your music on your iPhone

JRV

Reaction score
For the people that have iPhones do you like the iPod portion of the phone? Does it work well or drain the battery too much? In your opinion is merging the iPod with the phone good?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I really like the iPod interface on the iPhone. Very easy to work and the Coverflow option is just plain sexy. Plus, having the album cover full screen when the song is playing is pretty nice :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Here's the numbers from Apple vs. CNET's iPhone battery tests:

Talk time - Apple: 8 hr, CNET 7 hr. 45 min. no wifi; 3 hr 45 min with wifi

Music playback - Apple: 24 hr, CNET: 28.4 hr

Video playback - Apple: 7 hr, CNET 7.3 hr no wifi

Of course, how much you use certain features and keep the screen going will substantially change battery life. One thing is painfully clear, wifi sucks that battery fast! Thankfully when a 3G version comes out, the wifi will probably not be needed, helping ease that supposed 3G battery issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I'm loving the iPhone. I have been using the iPod function in Jeep. Was watching some youtube in bed (via wifi). I have been using safari on it more than my macbook pro. I would say I have been using it pretty heavily all day long and haven't had to it run out on me yet. Oh yeah, I also make calls on it, heh heh.

Reaction score
I'm loving the iPhone. I have been using the iPod function in Jeep. Was watching some youtube in bed (via wifi). I have been using safari on it more than my macbook pro. I would say I have been using it pretty heavily all day long and haven't had to it run out on me yet. Oh yeah, I also make calls on it, heh heh.

Hahaha nice. :D

Reaction score

Are you charging it during the day? Seems like you are using it pretty heavy and still gettting good battery life. My battery runs low <10% and all I do is play about 3-4 hrs of MP3s, maybe 15 mins of phone calls but during my 8 hrs at work, I don't get a cellular signal.

OP
JRV

JRV

Reaction score
Are you charging it during the day? Seems like you are using it pretty heavy and still gettting good battery life. My battery runs low <10% and all I do is play about 3-4 hrs of MP3s, maybe 15 mins of phone calls but during my 8 hrs at work, I don't get a cellular signal.

The battery drains that low when just using the phone and ipod? That doesn't seem good. Right now I have an ipod and cellphone. I can go several days before needing to recharge them.

I want an iPhone but not if two good products are merged to create one crap one.

Reaction score
If you are listening to music on your iPhone then I'd suggest trying a piece of free software called 'The Filter' - this little beauty can instantly fill up your iPhone with playlists of music. These playlists can then be automatically refreshed when you resync your iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
the iPod feature shuts off whenever I am in safari and the keyboard pops up. Does anyone else have this problem?
I love the iPod part of the phone. The full screen cover art looks great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro C2D : 15.4" : 2GB : 120GB : Glossy
the iPod feature shuts off whenever I am in safari and the keyboard pops up. Does anyone else have this problem?
I love the iPod part of the phone. The full screen cover art looks great.

No, not for me. I just tested it. Started a song, launched Safari to my Google home page, and started typing in a search. The music never stopped. I also hit Go for the search and brought up the results without interruption. Sounds like you've got an issue that needs looking at.

Reaction score

Is your wifi on or off? You might want to check the settings to make sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
If you are listening to music on your iPhone then I'd suggest trying a piece of free software called 'The Filter' - this little beauty can instantly fill up your iPhone with playlists of music. These playlists can then be automatically refreshed when you resync your iPhone.

No thanks, Spam irritates my stomach.

Reaction score
Does anyone get any radio feed back from the iphone whiles its hooked up to there car stereo? I use to get the same problem with my razr but not when i had my nokia N95, and its happening again with the iphone. I'm thinking i could just be At&t cuz the N95 was the only one under t-mobile

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.