Adobe OnLocation in Parallels

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4
So far my luck with Parallels has been not good. I installed it on my new mac with the Windows OS and then I put in Office, even though I didn't need it since I have the Mac office version. I uninstalled Office on the Windows sie since all my .doc files were defaulting to the windows office and not the mac. which is weird because my other documens in excel and powerpoint defaulted to the mac side fine. Anyway I uninstalled it - no big deal.

What I am having a problem with is getting Adobe OnLocation to run in Parallels. It is a PC specific app, and I keep getting this error "Adobe OnLocation.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I am not even able to open the app. I have reinstalled it to no avail. any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
^
Does that mean that some programs cannot run on Windows from within Parallels? If that's the case, it's news to me...

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4
Jeeze if that is true, what is the point of using parallels? I only got it to run windows apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I'm sure it is true

From Adobe's system requirements

Multicore Intel® processor (Adobe® OnLocation™ CS3 is a Windows application that may be used on Macintosh using Boot Camp and Windows, sold separately)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
Seems to me that almost all Windows programs would label system requirements that entirely omit the Mac abilities with Parallels or Bootcamp. Has the fact that Adobe specifically mentioned Boot Camp and not Parallels guided your opinion that it probably won't run on Parallels?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.