Keychain Access

Reaction score
Hi, I just did a fresh install of OSX on my Intel MacBook after replacing the HDD. When I open certain applications, e.g., Safari, a window pops up asking me to "please enter [my] keychain password." When I enter the password that I set for login during installation, it says that I entered an invalid password. I did not set a separate password for the keychain access; furthermore, I don't remember ever seeing this dialogue box before I re-installed. Is there a way to tun this off? I can easily cancel out of the "unlock keychain" box if I click "cancel" twice, but I'd just as soon be rid of it entirely. Thanks for helping.

....................................................................................

Okay, so I Reset my keychain under Keychain Access > Preferences. That stopped me from having to log in to OSX with my password and unfortunately, I can no longer connect to the internet or to my HDD connected to my AirPort router. To connect to the networked HDD, I set a password in the Airport utility; but when I enter it, it says that its the wrong password?

I'm just gonna stop messing with this thing until someone that knows what they're doing advises me :Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.