battery not charging

Reaction score
Okay, so I've had my macbook for about a year now. My power card started to fall apart at the magnetic end, and the other day it gave way and fell apart. So i called apple and they said that since I had a few days left on my warrany, I could get a new one for free. But since my computer couldn't turn on, they guy said I had to take the battery off from the bottom to get the serial number. I put it back and thought nothing of it. Today when I received my new power card, I noticed that the battery charge is staying at 3%, and its merely maintaining and not charging. If I unplug it, it immediately goes to sleep until I plug it back in. Also, when I press the little buttons on the battery, they do still illuminate, if that means anything. I hate to think I messed the battery up by merely doing what the guy said.

Reaction score
i think you're actual battery in your mac needs replacing ring them up again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz C2D, 1GB RAM, 320 HDD, Superdrive, Mighty Mouse
You should considering replace your actual Mac Battery; if not then try removing it and putting it back in place. Good Luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.