Bootcamp and Partitions

Reaction score
Its seems that if I create my own partitions using the disk utility during the install of osX I am not able to use bootcamp. Once I create my partitions using bootcamp I am no longer able to repartition any of the drives. My current partition looks like the following:

OSX = 140GB
WinXP = 20Gb

I would like to split my osX drive up but currently cant see how this can be done, I have even tried to use a partition application. Also just curious about this, the windows drive on the OSX desktop its titled "Untitled" and would like to rename this but I am also not able to do this, any help would be great.

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, I wanted to reinstall to keep the documents and system partitions separate but I didn't know about the limitation with Boot Camp.

You can probably rename with the Disk Utility.

OP
S
Reaction score
No luck, it seems that once the bootcamp partition is up its locked from making any changes even renaming...

OP
S
Reaction score
forget bootcamp on the partitioning level, best to just use the disk utilities and bootcamp just for the windows drivers. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
yea I agree with snoop here (hehe) remember?...
The way snoop described is the way to do it,
your idea may also work (although it is a lot more work...)
use the diskutility the comes in your osx install disk to partition your disk
just slide in you osx disk, reboot while holding down "c" (it will boot into the disk)
on the menubar, click Utilities, and then DiskUtility
if you already have a bootcamp partition just split your OS X one (it will allow you to do it) but you will have to reinstall OS X

EDIT: here is a link to my post on more or less the same thing
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69573
and about renaming: I would just leave it "untitled" -I think it will be changed when you install windows anyway

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.