Adding event sounds to 9.x?

Reaction score
Is there any way to add more sounds to the current Mac "events" selections, a-la the chainsaw, pong, submarine, etc.? I can't find them as actual files or a directory to add items to...

m19

B

Badger

Morgan19 said:
Is there any way to add more sounds to the current Mac "events" selections, a-la the chainsaw, pong, submarine, etc.? I can't find them as actual files or a directory to add items to...

m19

If by "event" sounds you mean alert sounds they are stored in the system suitcase in the system folder. The sound sets used by the Appearence control panel are stored within the Appearence folder.
Badger

OP
M
Reaction score
Badger said:
If by "event" sounds you mean alert sounds they are stored in the system suitcase in the system folder. The sound sets used by the Appearence control panel are stored within the Appearence folder.
Badger

Yes thanks, I was referring to alert sounds. :) I checked in there and see them now.

m19

B

Badger

Sorry, I only answered part of your question.

You can install additional sounds by just dragging them to the system folder. You will get a dialog box that will ask you if you want to install them, click yes and they will be put into the suitcase so you can use them.
Badger

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.