Apple plans cheaper, Nano-based phone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Whoa...from MSNBC!

I don't really understand the point of this. One of the big selling points of the iPhone is that it has a big honkin' screen for you to actually SEE stuff on. If you're going to buy an iPhone Nano, why not just buy a regular phone like a Razr? The only feature I can see it having over a regular phone is an exceptional music player. I have been severely disappointed with all of the current cell phone music players available to date. Even the Chocolate is kind of crappy. Having a touchwheel on a phone would be awesome!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
The application they are talking about was submitted to the FCC in November 2006

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
If it's the one that just looks like an iPod, I don't think it'll happen. I certainly wouldn't buy it. I agree that besides the cool software features, the screen is the biggest draw. Get rid of the big screen and the internet capability, and you just have a music phone not too much different than any other. My SLVR has iPod capability, and while it isn't the best, I wouldn't change up for something that has the exact same function but lacking memory expansion like my SLVR. (I have the hack that disables the 100 song limit)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
It does look pretty cool, but I think one of the main attractions of the iPhone at least for me, was the multitouch screen.

Still the Nano iPhone looks Sweeet

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
It does look pretty cool, but I think one of the main attractions of the iPhone at least for me, was the multitouch screen.

Still the Nano iPhone looks Sweeet

Just for a basic music phone with effortless contact sync, the iPhone Nano would be great! I agree though - the multitouch screen on the current iPhone is a huge selling point for me too. Not looking forward to switching to Cingular, but I'm definitely looking forward to getting my hands on an iPhone :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Just for a basic music phone with effortless contact sync, the iPhone Nano would be great! I agree though - the multitouch screen on the current iPhone is a huge selling point for me too. Not looking forward to switching to Cingular, but I'm definitely looking forward to getting my hands on an iPhone :)

Agreed, a simple phone+iPod would be great. As flash as multi-touch is, I don't need it to make calls any more than I need it on the phone I use now. And it saves me carrying an iPod and a phone around with me.

As long as they don't tie it into one carrier like the iPhone, because they certainly won't get my money if they do.

Reaction score
same news re-hashed.

All iPhones news is re-hashed. Setup a Google alert and you get the same story 7 or 8 times from different sites.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.