Firefox Maximize Window

Reaction score
Whenever I maximize Firefox, it maximizes all the way vertically however, it does not maximize horizontally 100%. Does anyone have the same problem?

Reaction score
It's not a problem. The button maximizes your window to the page size. don't know if you are maybe a recent switcher, but it works different from the max-button in Window$.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
The maximize button in mac os x can do anything at all - it's up to the program developer.

By using the Developer Toolbar, you can create window size presets. See attached. You can make one for your size screen. Or maybe there is a full-screen extension.

Picture 1.png

OP
S
Reaction score
thank you

Thanks guys for the tip. I am a recent OS X user. I primarily use Linux and some Windows.

In other apps like Garageband, when I hit the maximize button, it maximizes it the entire screen minus the tool and task bar. Is this Firefox that's responsible for not letting it behave the same way?

Can you point me into the right direction as to where I can obtain that developer toolbar? Is it a part of Firefox?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
most of the programs in os x maximize too the size the programs needs. especially this with browsers like firefox. on default, clicking maximize makes the window as big as the webpage you are on needs.

OP
S
Reaction score
add-on

Thank you guys for the help.

Is there another way to achieve this without installing the web developer add-on?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.