iMac G3 As PC Monitor ?

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a bit of a silly question that has been on my mind for some time now.... i realize macs and pc's should be sepereted and i realize monitors aren't that expensive now a days but i have 2 pc's and my imac g3, anyway one of my pc's do not have a monitor and sometimes i wish i could use my imac g3 as a monitor for it for just a bit to do some windows related stuff without huge lagging, i was wondering if it is possible to use a imac g3 as a pc monitor ? I know you can do it the other way around or use a pc monitor for your imac g3 but that's about all i know and have read, anyone know if this is possible ?

Any help would deeply be appreciated :)

Here is my iMac G3 stats in case it is needed to verify weather or not it can idk:
Apple iMac G3 Indigo (Model: M5521)
Processor: 400 Mhz G3 PowerPc
320MB Ram
10GB Hard Drive
CD-ROM Drive
Network: 10/100 Ethernet
Modem: 56.6k
Wireless: Airport Ready
Ports: 2 USB + 2 Firewire
Display: 15" Color (13.8" viewable, .28 dp, 95 Hz-800 x 600).
Onboard Sound With Headphone Jack
Operating System: Mac O/S/X 10.3.9 And Mac O/S 9.2.2 Installed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I assume you could. I know the first G3 iMacs had the standard vga plug inside that connected to the logic board. I am not sure when they discontinued that. If yours has that, you could take it apart and take off that back apple logo and buy a vga extension cable. That's a lot of work if it's possible. Otherwise, I bet you could ruin the G3 by ripping apart the cord and splicing it or whatever you call it to a vga end piece if you know electronics and wiring. Also way too insane.
I think you can pick up 17" CRT's for $50 these days so I would go that route if you need the 2 PC's running at once.
Bryan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.