Will this router work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
C

Chamorro

trpnmonkey41 said:
Yes it will

I 2nd that vote. The requirements are probably for the Router Setup Utilities that come on a CD w/ the package. You should not need to use that software at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
The router setup software is internal, the router serves it as a webpage so there's no problem with using your Mac. The only issue you'll run into is that the router comes with "logging" software, that allows you to keep time stamped logs of all incoming and outgoing traffic. This software, only works under Windows. However, it's not vital to the router's operation.

P

pcjabber

Osiris22x said:
The router setup software is internal, the router serves it as a webpage so there's no problem with using your Mac. The only issue you'll run into is that the router comes with "logging" software, that allows you to keep time stamped logs of all incoming and outgoing traffic. This software, only works under Windows. However, it's not vital to the router's operation.
Yes, they do, but you're only half right. My new Linksys wireless router came with a setup CD for windows. But its just allowing you to set it up in an easy fashion, without going to the web interface. However, it came with a weird IP out of box (it was a Linksys WAP54G wireless access point -- not router) -- the IP was 192.168.1.245. So, look in the docs to be sure the IP is normal before you try to connect to http://192.168.1.1 =)

EDIT: and most router's logging software is also internal. I just click "View Log" on my linksys wireless ap and it gets the logfile...it has some memory it stores that in...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.