2 Issues with vista bootcamp on macbook pro

Reaction score
1) when i install star wars knights of old republic 2 it doesnt play. Windows detects the video card as a generic one not the ati one i have. Thats probably why it doesnt play the game. Anyone know how to fix this? I guess it will work with xp and vista is not good yet.

2) why is it when i plug in a monitor on the notebook when i am on the macosx i can see it on the monitor, but when i load into vista the monitor doesnt work? Is this another vista bug or am i missing something.

Thanks for the help in advance

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
1) when i install star wars knights of old republic 2 it doesnt play. Windows detects the video card as a generic one not the ati one i have. Thats probably why it doesnt play the game. Anyone know how to fix this? I guess it will work with xp and vista is not good yet.

2) why is it when i plug in a monitor on the notebook when i am on the macosx i can see it on the monitor, but when i load into vista the monitor doesnt work? Is this another vista bug or am i missing something.

Thanks for the help in advance

1) When you ran the Boot Camp Assistant, it should have prompted you to create a drivers CD. After you finish installing Vista, you're supposed to put the drivers CD in and run the setup. During this time, Vista may warn you that the drivers are "unsigned" or "unsafe". You should acknowledge those prompts in the affirmative and allow installation anyway.

If this sounds unfamiliar, or if you denied the installation, the correct drivers are not installed.

2) It's the lack of video drivers.

OP
T
Reaction score
i did install the drivers. Then updated the osx and vista os. So your saying kotor will never play on bootcamp

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i did install the drivers. Then updated the osx and vista os. So your saying kotor will never play on bootcamp

No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying that I think something didn't happen right when you installed the drivers. If Windows detects the card as a generic video card, the drivers are not installed. You may want to run through the install again, or go into Device Manager, remove the video card and allow Windows to re-discover and install the driver.

OP
T
Reaction score
Ok im going to try that today. If anything do you think its because i installed vista and not xp?

Also do you know if star wars knights of the old republic is playa on the windows version of bootcamp?

thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok im going to try that today. If anything do you think its because i installed vista and not xp?

Also do you know if star wars knights of the old republic is playa on the windows version of bootcamp?

thanks

Boot Camp simply preps the Mac's hard drive to have a Windows partition. It is not an emulator in that the Mac doesn't "pretend" to be a PC - because in reality, the Mac's hardware is very similar to a PC. So, anything that runs on standard PC running Windows, will run under Boot Camp on a Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.