R ipods really worth the money?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
I am thinking of gettin a pod for me to play with which would you recommend a 8gb nano or a 30gb regular one. the nano is attractive as its so small but the screen and capacity are lacking a bit.

Also how much does it cost to replace an ipod battery once it has finally DIED and how long do they last roughly, 5 years right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I am thinking of gettin a pod for me to play with which would you recommend a 8gb nano or a 30gb regular one. the nano is attractive as its so small but the screen and capacity are lacking a bit.

Also how much does it cost to replace an ipod battery once it has finally DIED and how long do they last roughly, 5 years right?

Why is your thread entitled R iPods?

The capacity is down to how much music you have, although the 30gb full sized one can also play movies/tv shows and music videos, which is nice. If you have a load of music, get the bigger one.

My 3G iPod's battery lasted 3 years, then cost me $22 to replace the battery with a longer lasting one. It came with a kit to open the iPod and replace it. So I guess it has another 3 - 4 years life.

Reaction score
Why is your thread entitled R iPods?

The capacity is down to how much music you have, although the 30gb full sized one can also play movies/tv shows and music videos, which is nice. If you have a load of music, get the bigger one.

My 3G iPod's battery lasted 3 years, then cost me $22 to replace the battery with a longer lasting one. It came with a kit to open the iPod and replace it. So I guess it has another 3 - 4 years life.

I guess he means "are" ;) took me a while too, haha

Also for instructions how to change the batt: ifixit.com This link is for the 4G iPod, but it's nice to look at the pictures to get an idea how hard it will be...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Video| 15" MacBook Pro | iPod Shuffle
I think its worth it to get an iPod. If you have TONS of music, get the Video ipod. If you dont, then get the ipod Nano. Although, with iPod Linux, you can play videos on your nano.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I think they are well worth the Money. I personally have a 5G Black 80GB Video iPod and I love it.

In fact I loved it so much I went out and got my sister the Pink Nano for her B-Day which is AWESOME by the way.

But like all the previous posters said, depending on your library and if you are interested in watching videos on you iPod then thats what will decide your choice.

Either one is GREAT.

Reaction score
Worth every cent. Best music player I've ever owned and the integration with iTunes can't be beat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I've had 2 Video iPods and 1 Nano. They were all awesome. Unfortunately, the first video iPod's HDD failed. My current Black one is fine. My nano had an unfortunate encounter with a washing machine. They are worth every penny. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.